Monday, February 23, 2015

a side effect of procrastination

Despite my good intentions, I never got around to putting the daffodil bulbs I purchased last autumn into the ground. Finally realizing I had waited too long,  I potted them up in an old bulb pot and stowed them away in a dark corner on the basement floor.



In her amazing way, Mother Nature prevailed. Here they are today bringing a much enjoyed bit of spring to Jerome's office and maybe teasing the birds at the feeders just outside the sliders.

And my small but mighty Meyer Lemon tree that produced the bowlful of lemons in late November is now tucked into a new pot  and  telling me in the way of a happy plant, thank you.



I played bee this morning, wielding my sable brush with glee.





1 comment:

  1. Lovely and cheering to see the daffodils. I bet the lemon tree smells delicious and the flowers are so pretty too. :-)

    ReplyDelete